I John 5:14-15
“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of Him.”
Sometimes my prayer list feels like a ‘wish list’. But it need not be so! Yes, I can pray for hopes and desires but I can also pray for both myself, my family and for friends what I clearly KNOW is God’s will:
– Philippians 4 Joy in the Lord and freedom from anxiety
– Mark 12 Love God with all my heart, soul, mind, strength
– Mark 12 Love my neighbor as myself
– Psalm 1 Meditate on God’s Word each day and night
– Galatians 5 Live by the Spirit and not gratify the flesh
– Matthew 6 that God will provide for my every need
– Proverbs 3 that God will direct my path
– Matthew 11 that God will give me rest
– Joshua 1 for God to give strength and courage
– Ephesians 4 Share words that build others up
– II Corinthians 1 for God to provide comfort in all troubles
And this list goes on and on. Praying scripture is praying God’s Will. No wishing here! I can be ‘confident’ that God hears and that He answers!
Question: Do you ever pray Scripture?
Prayer: Dear God, please make me a man of prayer, but also make me a man of your Word – so that I will know much of your will and be confident in my prayers for myself, for my family and for my friends.
In Jesus Name. Amen.