Proverbs 6:16-19 highlights seven things that are ‘detestable’ to the Lord:
“There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a lying witness who gives false testimony, and one who stirs up trouble among brothers.”
King David is guilty on all seven of these…
1. haughty eyes. He takes what he wants. Arrogant.
2. a lying tongue. Ongoing increasing deceitfulness.
3.hands that shed innocent blood. Killing Uriah.
4. a heart that devises evil schemes. The cover up.
5. feet that rush into evil. The seizing of Bathsheba.
6. a lying witness who gives false testimony. Those fake interactions with Uriah.
7. one who stirs up trouble among brothers. Insisting that Joab abandon Uriah.
Guilty of all seven.
His behavior was ‘detestable’ to the Lord.